CSRM Foundation was established in 2010 as a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to develop and utilize applications of technology to address the growing need for cost-effective and timely solutions to the protection of areas containing important cultural and natural resources. We do this in ways that bolster sustainable development, poverty alleviation, and civil society. We specialize in building capacity among the stewards of protected areas and stakeholder communities to apply computer, remote sensing, digital recording, and geospatial technologies to research, management, and development at protected areas of all sort and living cultural landscapes. Our staff and research partners have many years of experience in employing innovative analytical protocols, developing new software packages, and devising protocols for the enrichment and application of technologies including:
- Aerial and space-born multispectral and hyperspectral sensors
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Geospatial analyses for research and zoning for sustainable development
- Automatic archaeological site detection
- Developing indicators, instruments, standards, and alert systems for monitoring landscape and marine environment change.
- Environmental and predictive modeling
- Scanning and photographing perishable (intangible) cultural material
- Synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
Our primary interest is in developing projects and programs that simultaneously address preservation of both cultural and natural resources as well as social and economic development for local communities. We work closely with NASA, the Whiting School of Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University, and UNESCO to nurture responsible and sustainable stewardship of heritage materials and promotion of cross-cultural understanding and appreciation. To accomplish our mission, we conduct research projects in cooperation with other non-profit organizations, universities, government agencies, research organizations, and private sector companies.
In order to increase availability of this technical knowledge, we also sponsor and conduct training sessions and workshops and provide internship opportunities. For information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.